Joe Cummings has taught hundreds (maybe even thousands) of wood carvers How to Carve the Basketweave Pattern. The basketweave bur sampler is specifically designed just for this purpose.
If you want to learn to carve the basketweave pattern into Gunstocks, Plaques, awards, or any other surface, Joe is the one to learn from.
This basketweave bur sampler is specifically designed for those following Joe’s instructions through his wood carving classes or his Instructional DVD’s.
We make it simple, you order one sampler and it includes all the burs you will need to complete the basketweave pattern following Joe’s step by step instructions.
The Basketweave Bur Sampler contains the following bits:
- 1 – 368 Large Football Diamond (Coarse Grit)
- 1 – 699 Carbide
- 1 – 331 Carbide (Pear)
- 1 – #1 Diamond Round
- 1 – 335 Small Inverted Cone
- 1 – 368 Small Football Diamond (Fine Grit)
- 1- Bur Block included (Holds 10 burs)
All burs are High Speed, Friction Grip in 1/16 Shank. Designed for use in high speed engravers such as the NSK Presto.
Here are some links that might help you.
- Visit Joe’s Gun Carving Website
- Request your Free Gunstock Carving Patterns (including basketweave and fishscale) from Joe
- Order Joe’s Gun Carving DVD’s
Gun carvers love the basketweave pattern. Many choose to replace the factory checkering on their guns with the basketweave or fishscale patterns. This is a great way to make your guns stand out from the rest.